Totally Tuesday!

Or as I like to call it, Totes Tuesday.

Because Tuesdays are totes better than Mondays. But I digress. It's September y'all!! And for someone like me who lives in Florida, we can start Fall whenever we want because, clearly, the weather is not going to cooperate. 


September 1st is the start of pumpkins, colorful leaves (well inside my house that is), open windows (sort of), new flower arrangements, scarfs, boots, more hiking, more camping, my favorite movies, my favorite holidays, possible cooler weather and pumpkin spice lattes (get it together Starbucks). The list goes on. I'm sure you will get the gist of why I love Fall so much in my future posts. 

For the first time ever, I am "linking up" to one of my favorite bloggers Andrea for Show and Tell Tuesday. I hope I am doing this correctly. Yikes!

For todays topic - Where were you on September 11th?


I was a freshman in High School and sitting in my English Literature class. I didn't know it then but Ms. Carter, my English teacher, made a huge impact in my life when it comes to reading and writing. Anywho, I used a bathroom pass to go get something from my locker and I over heard people talking in the hallway about a helicopter crashing into a building. I thought it was weird but I went back to class. The bell rang to change classes and everyone was talking about something happening in New York and that something (either helicopter or plane) had crashed into a building. As I walked into my second period typing class, the TV was on the news and I watched, live, as the second plane crashed into the other twin tower. 

I was shocked. Every class, for the rest of the day, had the news on while we quietly worked on lessons. Everyone was gossiping in the hallway in between periods and I was just stunned at what we were seeing. I remember watching videos over and over on the news. It definitely seemed surreal. 

I am sure this day is significant to everyone who experienced it. It was definitely the start of my curiosity into how terrorists tick. For those of you who don't know. I am working on my Masters in International Affairs. A lot of my studies include Terrorism and National Security and digging deep into the effects every single state entity around the world has on each other. This is a huge interest of mine and this probably comes from my military family upbringing. 

We have come a long way since the attacks on September 11th and unfortunately, we have a long way to go. But as always I am ever so proud to be an American and to call the United States of America my home. I will always remember where I was on September 11, 2001.

Amazing picture by Time Magazine of the new 1 World Trade Center

Happy Tuesday's Y'all! 

Xoxo, 
Lynsey

P.S. OMG someone please tell me if I have done something wrong on here. I hope I am giving credit to where credit is due and properly. 


Comments

  1. Your Masters program sounds so interesting and it is even more special to know that it is tied to September 11th.
    _Reba
    www.petersenbabytobee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites

Friday Favorites